We are very excited about Soccer Camp. And as it gets closer, we want to make sure you and your children are prepared for an awesome week. So we did our best to come up with a list of frequently asked questions. This list is can also be found on our website in the left menu.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to bring bug spray?
- No, each coach will have bug spray available. We will spray each camper before we start in the morning, and after our snack time. If you are concerned we welcome each parent/guardian to spray their camper before they drop them off at camp each day.
Do I need to bring sunscreen?
- No, each coach will have sunscreen available all day. We will spray each camper with sunscreen before we get started each morning, and after our snack time. If needed more often we will be able to use sunscreen throughout the day. If you are concerned about your camper getting sunburned, you are welcome to apply sunscreen to your camper before dropping them off in the mornings.
Do we need to come get our shirts early?
- Not at all. When you come to camp on Monday morning each camper can change into their jersey and send the shirt they arrived in back with their parent or guardian.
When do we get to take our ball home?
- The ball that the campers receive will be played with throughout the week. So it can be taken home on Friday after camp is over.
Do I need to send a snack or drink?
- No. Part of the registration fee covers each camper getting water and Gatorade throughout the day as well as a snack halfway through camp each day. Each coach will have water available every day for every camper throughout all of camp. We also have designated times to stop and have water breaks.
***We do request that you do not send your campers with anything extra, in the event that it gets sat down somewhere. We do not want any campers or families to lose or misplace anything.***
What time do I need to drop my child off?
- Each camper can be dropped off between 8:55am and 9am. We will start our stretches as close to 9:05am as a group.
What time should I pick them up?
- We will finish our scrimmages between 11:55 am and noon on Monday through Thursday. So anytime between noon and 12:10 pm will be excellent for picking up your campers. Friday we will have our awards ceremony. So we will be releasing closer to 12:30 pm.
Can parents be there all day?
- Parents and/or guardians are welcome to stay throughout each day of camp. However, we do ask that you try not to instruct or draw their attention during the soccer or the bible lesson portions of camp.
Do I need to stay?
- there is no need for parents and/or guardians to stay throughout camp each day. However, you are welcome to stay if you would like to. We also have an award ceremony on Fridays that parents and/ or guardians may wish to attend. The schedule will be posted on our soccercampVBS.com website. Follow us or like us on FB for daily updates during the event.
Is the camp associated with a certain denomination?
- It is not. This camp is non-denominational, and is open to any child or family.
Do we need to attend that denominations church to attend the camp?
- There is not a requirement to attend any church or be members of any certain denomination to attend this camp. If you have any questions regarding the two churches that are presenting the camp, please feel free to contact us.